Are the April Fools Jokes done yet? Seems every April Fools I want to disconnect from the Internet and find a secret, undisclosed bunker until it’s all over. Fortunately we were able to pick up some great music before the April Fools nonsense really took effect, and were able to bury ourselves in our headphones while the “jokes” flew overhead. And we have some serious metal music for you, with the first EP from Keoma kicking off the show. There’s also some great tracks from Kill the Klown and Panic.0, along with the sludgy goodness of Iron and Stone. Morgana vs. Morgana bring their amazing synthesis of Tool to the fore, and The Land of Shadows haunt the darkest places of your soul, but despair not, for Karlahan bring us out of the depths with their brand of Symphonic Death Metal. And we learn what the experimental tag is really for with Fanttasma’s amazing music. No joke, this is some of the finest Creative Commons metal music. Shownotes follow:
- (00:10) A Time For You by Keoma from A Time For You – EP (BY-NC-SA)
- (05:29) Kill the klown – Hateful by L’angolo della follia from L’angolo della follia special edition 11-11-11 (BY-NC-SA)
- (10:05) Butchers Of Souls by Panic.0 from Panic (BY-NC-ND)
- (14:07) Glaciers by Iron & Stone from Maelstrom (BY-NC-ND)
- (18:41) De Lo Inevitable by Morgana Vs Morgana from …de lo inevitable (BY-NC-ND)
- (26:37) The Land Of Shadows – Flowers Of My Life by The Land Of Shadows from Dark Romantika (BY-NC-SA)
- (36:00) Twilight by Karlahan from Metal-Libre.org Origins I (BY-NC-ND)
- (42:48) Life is War by Fanttasma from Another Sleepless Night (BY-NC-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, head to the shows, or sacrifice the bodies of the April 1st pranksters to them. Wait, that’s not good. Nevermind. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.