There’s an old saying in electronics that refers to releasing the magic smoke whenever you do something to fry a piece of hardware. Well, my laziness got the best of me, and I released the magic smoke on my trusty desktop computer’s motherboard when I swapped out a power supply without pulling the old modular cables. So, this episode is later than usual, but hopefully a belated music-filled episode is better than no episode, and there’s a bunch of great stuff in this episode, including new Kudai, new WirgHata, along with tracks from CHOSEN, Havok, and Oak Pantheon. There’s also tracks from Cooked Pears, Дубль Пусто, and Forgenheim. But what’s really a thrill for me is being able to play the band of someone I’ve chatted with online for many years who is a member of a band that might be familiar to you: Dropdead. I’ve been asking for years for them to make something Creative Commons, and finally they’re part of the AS220′s Spring Sampler 2013 (which is released under a Creative Commons License). With so much great music packed into this episode hopefully you’ll agree that it’s better late than never, and hopefully I’ll remember that just because it fits doesn’t mean it’ll work. Shownotes and links down below:
- (00:57) Paths Of Glory by Dropdead from AS220′s Spring Sampler 2013 (BY-NC-SA)
- (02:34) Т.Ж.Н.З.Н.Н.Н by Дубль Пусто from Classc+Anal (BY-NC-SA)
- (06:06) Ezin ahaztu by Kudai from Harezko dorreak (BY-SA)
- (10:09) Diminishment by CHOSEN from RESOLUTION (BY-NC-SA)
- (15:20) Aspen by Oak Pantheon from From a Whisper (BY-NC-ND)
- (21:40) Damned Soul by Cooked Pears from Sugar Blast (BY-NC-SA)
- (26:56) Wahrheit Alternative (Demo) by Forgenheim from Trash or Treasure (BY-ND)
- (28:57) A Pyrrhic Victory for Humanity by Havok from Apathy Esplanade (BY-NC-SA)
- (35:21) Shuttered Room (single) by WirgHata from 2013 – Shuttered Room (single) (BY-NC-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, head to the shows, but please don’t release their equipment’s magic smoke. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.