I plead complete ignorance over all matters sportball or otherwise sports-related (save for hockey season when the Detroit Red Wings are doing well that season). So seeing an EP of sportball-related songs come across my desk isn’t that intriguing. But when it’s a CC-licensed album of tightly crafted sportball songs that also comes across the Metal Injection desk, then I take notice. I also take notice when I see new albums from some of my favorite artists like Mountain Mirrors and Agónica. And my other dirty little secret is I wanna get more Attractive Eighties Women songs because they seem to have carjacked Mojo Nixon’s tractor and gone on one hell of a joyride. Plus we have awesome tracks from Grey Heaven Fall, Dust Tria, Sunken, Nameless, and Samsara. It’s like a duffel-bag of sportball things to be sportballin’ with and… yeah, OK, I’m done. Shownotes after the break.
- (00:11) Your Angels by Mountain Mirrors from Asylum Acres (BY-NC-SA)
- (02:53) Серые небеса осени by Grey Heaven Fall from Grey Heaven Fall – Серые небеса осени 2008 (Demo) (BY-SA)
- (08:34) The Endless Cycle by Dust Trial from The Endless Cycle (track) (BY-NC-SA)
- (18:10) My mythomane by Sunken from Flooded (BY-NC-SA)
- (21:26) Hekla by Nameless from Thy Fall (BY-NC-SA)
- (24:58) Barless Prison by Agónica from A New Onset (BY-NC-ND)
- (29:21) Broken toy by Samsara from Blank Shapes (BY-NC-ND)
- (33:25) (I Wanna Get) Gay Married by Attractive Eighties Women from E Pluribus Aewsome (BY-NC-SA)
- (39:04) STOP FUCKING BUNTING by Puig Destroyer from PUIG DESTROYER (BY-ND)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, head to the shows, or buy them a case of beer. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at email@example.com.