It’s late here at the Open Metalcast headquarters and we’re getting ready to release another jam-packed episode of some of the most crushing Creative Commons metal the world has ever heard. All that stands between us and heading to bed is coming up with a description of what treasures await you in this episode. But how do you describe 9 tracks of the best in Creative Commons Metal? You could start by listing off each of the bands that contribute their amazing music to form a Voltron-esque colossus of metal: Unholy Quest, Omnioid, Azgard, Rotten Casket, Norilsk, Atten Ash, Forgenheim, Concrete Foundation, and Avenger Kills. You could mention that this episode is 45 minutes of head-crushing metal. And you could mention that the bands really need your support to continue making this music. That would do it. Hey, it looks like we already wrote up our description and introduction. Woo hoo! Now if only people will download and share this episode so everyone will know what great Creative Commons Metal Music sounds like. (This is where you download the episode and play along.)
- (00:10) Avenger Kills by Avenger Kills from Главное – Жизнь (BY-SA)
- (04:19) 03 – Concrete Foundation – Until The End by Concrete Foundation from Until the and. (BY)
- (10:12) 03 Dungeon Farmer by Forgenheim from Monschajin (BY-SA)
- (14:52) See You…Never by Atten Ash from The Hourglass (BY-NC)
- (21:10) Japetus by Norilsk from The Idea of North (BY-NC)
- (29:20) Leeches Of The Cross by Rotten Casket from Simply Rotten Death (BY-NC-ND)
- (35:30) Free Fall by Azgard from Bogdanchyk’s Porridge (Remastered) (BY-SA)
- (38:42) Sculptures Of Malignancy by Omnioid from Sculptures Of Malignancy (BY-NC-ND)
- (43:53) I Can’t Understand Death Metal by Unholy Quest from Rise Of The Fallen (BY-NC-ND)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or drive them to their next gig. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
Also check out the other great podcasts at Metal Injection, and be sure to listen to all of the great shows (including Open Metalcast) streaming 24/7 at Metalinjection.FM.
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.