One thing that I didn’t miss while Open Metalcast was on hiatus was writing the short blurb that precedes the listing of tracks in the show notes. Part of that is because sometimes I don’t have much to add to an already great set of music. And this show is no exception, with tracks from Rain On Their Parade, Goliath, Muldjord, Broken God, Icarus Crash and Separate Sun. Plus we have one more track from the Apierogon album by Polygons. But the main reason I don’t like writing these is because I have to come up with superlatives for songs like Apocalyptic Witchcraft by show-favorite Petrychor. And really, how much more can you say about a band that can craft 26 minutes of black metal and still keep your attention? You’d be overdrawn from the superlative bank and have to see a teller to take a loan out. So rather than read me try to sell you on listening to this episode I think we’d both be happier if you just download episode 125 of Open Metalcast and we’ll call it even. No charge; just the finest Creative Commons Metal Music this here Internet has to offer.
- (00:10) Mojave by Rain On Their Parade from Wonderlights (BY-NC-ND)
- (03:30) @Recooperated (Ft. Todd Jones of Nails) by Goliath from Darkest Dawn (BY-NC-ND)
- (07:36) Hateful by Muldjord from The Reissue of My Soul (BY-SA)
- (12:45) Drifters by Broken God from Monolith (BY-NC)
- (21:29) Ruta Dorada by Icarus Crash from Erizos (BY-NC-SA)
- (26:37) Clock on the wall by Separate Sun from If you don’t wanna howl at the moon… (BY-NC-ND)
- (31:13) Apeirogon III: Emergence by Polygons from Apeirogon (BY-NC-SA)
- (35:55) Apocalyptic Witchcraft by Petrychor from Apocalyptic Witchcraft (BY-NC-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or have them play a show in your home country. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
Also check out the other great podcasts at Metal Injection, as well as news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at email@example.com.