One of the things that I really enjoy about putting together Open Metalcast episodes is picking up music from around the globe. There’s a ton of bands putting out not only amazing music but also amazing physical musical artifacts to enjoy. One band in particular is Psygnosis with their latest album: “AAliens”. The artwork on this LP is amazing, and a lot of thought and care went into putting this together. I also picked up “Exist” by Cyranoi, which comes in a beautiful digipack CD case with great music and great artwork to boot. And even though not every band puts out physical media there’s still a lot of care that goes into producing artwork to catch the most jaded metal fan’s eye. Do yourself a favor and click on the links below. There’s a lot of work that goes into making these albums, and I’m sure Psygnosis, dOwnhill, Domestic Terror, Decaying Continuum, Cover of Night, Involución, Moron, and Cyranoi would appreciate it if you not only gave their albums a peek, but also a listen. Hopefully this show will give you a taste of what you can expect to not only hear but see as well.
- (00:07) Abiogenesis by Cyranoi from Exist (BY-NC-ND)
- (04:48) Film by Moron from RZEKA EP (BY)
- (08:22) Cuervos de la Tempestad by Involución from Adelanto 2016 (BY-NC-SA)
- (11:48) Through Pine and Aspen by Cover of Night from Cover of Night (BY)
- (18:40) Expending Humanity Within by Decaying Continuum from The Burden of Entropy [Demo] (BY-NC-ND)
- (22:42) Domination Through Systematic Invasion by Domestic Terror from War Crimes (BY-NC-ND)
- (26:00) The Harpy’s Nest by dOwnhill from dOwnhill (BY-SA)
- (32:43) Man ov Steel by Psygnosis from AAliens (BY)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or gaze longingly upon their artwork. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
Also check out the other great podcasts at Metal Injection, and be sure to listen to all of the great shows (including Open Metalcast) streaming 24/7 at Metalinjection.FM.
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.