If you’re even remotely aware of a country called the United States of America you’ll no-doubt know that November 8th is our election day. We’ve had a barrage of campaign calls from celebrities who likely would never call me otherwise (Seriously, lose my phone number). We’ve also had non-stop election coverage in every medium known to man (I think they’re even using the Rosetta stone to craft messages for any voters who might only read hieroglyphs). Whatever your political stripe, denomination, or leaning: please vote if you can.
Regardless, here’s 49 minutes of the best Creative Commons Licensed Music as a (temporary) respite from the United States of America’s political machinations.
V.O.T.E.: Very Over This Election.
- (00:11) Eye of Providence by Violent Eve from A Great Day (BY-NC)
- (04:17) Beneath by Roads to Nowhere from Lifeless (BY-NC)
- (08:23) In the Master’s Fire by Chateau from Moons Over the Slaughter (BY)
- (13:41) VI by Sanctus Daemoneon from The unaVOIDable (BY-NC-ND)
- (18:35) The Writer’s Farrago by SILUETLESS from Drifting (BY-NC-SA)
- (27:34) Exit Wounds by That Of A Lion from Amalgamation (BY-NC-ND)
- (35:25) Terrorball by Room 101 from The Gadfly (BY-NC-SA)
- (41:21) Verne by Maeth from Shrouded Mountain (BY-NC-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or vote them for office. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Metalcast #141 (MP3)
Open Metalcast #141 (OGG)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.