According to Wikipedia (who is never wrong) Dunbar’s Number is a suggested cognitive limit to the number of people with whom one can maintain stable social relationships. Dunbar put that number at 148, which is usually rounded to 150. Whether that’s true or not is not ours to debate here, for our purpose is to provide you with the finest Creative Commons Metal the Internet has to offer. And we have nine bands we love in this episode, including Skinlepsy, a return of Narada, Mycelia, the latest from AATHMA and Santo Rostro, Talsur, Aethyr, netra, and a dip into the archives with Goat Father. So while you may only be able to have meaningful relationships with 148ish people you can still relate to 58 minutes of the best Creative Commons-licensed metal. Just remember to write every now and again.
- (00:11) Perfect Plan by Skinlepsy from None (BY-SA)
- (05:17) Cadavers In The Pit by Narada from Dead Waters (BY-NC-ND)
- (08:37) Legacy by Mycelia from DAWN (BY-NC-ND)
- (14:06) Atash by AATHMA from AVESTA (BY-NC-ND)
- (20:33) Hylonome by SANTO ROSTRO from The Healer (BY-NC-ND)
- (27:49) Seas of Doom by Talsur from Slough of Despond (BY-NC)
- (37:08) Into the Grey Woods by Aethyr from Uncanny Valley (BY-NC-SA)
- (46:18) Everything’s Fine by netra from Ingrats (BY-NC)
- (52:42) A Road Paved With Corpses by Goatfather from Hipster Fister (BY-NC-ND)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or give them a backrub. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Metalcast #148 (MP3)
Open Metalcast #148 (OGG)