Every time I think about the varieties of sound that are conveyed by 16 bits at 44.1KHz it boggles my imagination. So many bits, so many possibilities. One moment it can play brutal death metal, the next a brief punk song, and then smooth sludge metal. It can encompass guitars, drums, organs, voices; you name it – it can do it with incredible fidelity.
We have a great show of amazing Creative Commons metal lined up for you. We have tracks by Deadeye Dick, VULTURYON, Colorblind, Enuma Elish, Phantom Elite, Heavy Temple, Blank Spell, and the crushing Hammond Organ of Mount Atlas.
- (00:11) Temporal Bliss by Deadeye Dick from Crestfallen (BY-NC-SA)
- (03:38) Eight Corners of Slaughter by VULTURYON from Coordinated Mutilation (BY-NC-ND)
- (06:24) Without the blues by Colorblind from Without the blues (BY-NC-ND)
- (10:55) Where there was once a soul by Enuma Elish from An Endless Tomorrow (BY-NC-ND)
- (14:59) Wasteland by Phantom Elite from None (BY-NC-ND)
- (19:55) In The Court of the Bastard King by Heavy Temple from Chassit (BY-NC-ND)
- (25:41) Vines by BLANK SPELL from Miasma LP (BY-NC-SA)
- (28:35) Titan by Mount Atlas from Titan (BY-NC-ND)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Metalcast #162 (MP3)
Open Metalcast #162 (OGG)