Here at the Open Metalcast Headquarters we mourn one of the great broadcasters in the Detroit-are. Chris Felcyn was a broadcaster on WRCJ FM (a classical and jazz radio station) and hosted a show called “The Well Tempered Wireless”. He was very knowledgeable about classical music and was an excellent storyteller. His shows were part listening room, part conversation, and part storytelling.
We honor Chris Felcyn by dedicating this episode to him. He likely never heard a second of this podcast (his idea of heavy metal was Verdi’s “Requiem”), but he help inspire this show. He will be missed.
This episode features music by Skyglow, Colosso, Signals From Saturn, Potmos Hetoimos, Chamber of Torture, SCALD, The Neptune Power Federation, and Neurotech.
- (00:12) Limitless Fog of Anguish by Skyglow from Thousand Years of Terror (BY)
- (06:14) Acid Rain by Colosso from None (BY-NC-ND)
- (11:03) Long / Division by Signals From Saturn from Continuance (BY-NC-ND)
- (16:32) III. The Silicon Mirror by Potmos Hetoimos from Vox Medusae (BY-NC)
- (22:57) Subjected to Disintegration by Chamber of Torture from Behead Before Interment (BY-SA)
- (26:02) Inside The Machine by SCALD from SCALD – BORN WITH TEETH (Demo 1997) (BY-NC-ND)
- (29:00) The Man From Tomorrow by The Neptune Power Federation from Lucifer’s Universe (BY-ND)
- (34:25) Thoughts Become Air by Neurotech from The Catalyst (BY-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, or head to the shows. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Metalcast #182 (MP3)
Open Metalcast #182 (OGG)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.