One of the things that I really like about metal music is the variety of music in the genre. Sure there are purists out there who imprint on one record and expect everything else to sound like that one record, but there’s a whole wide world of metal out there waiting to be explored. From the chromatic scales of the Middle-East to saxophones, keyboards, and folk instruments there’s a broad range of things that metal will mix with (and mix well). This episode celebrates the wide world of metal with Creative Commons metal music from The Rinn, Avercage, Nuclear, Al-Namrood, Galaktik Cancer Squad, Hatalom, CABESTRO, and Woodscream. It’s a veritable for the eclectic metal palette.
- (00:11) Forgotten Dream by The Rinn from Stories Of The Green Fairy (BY-NC-ND)
- (04:18) Bitter Dance by Avercage from Intense EP (BY-NC-SA)
- (07:52) F.P.S.C. (Filthy Politicians Sluts Corporation) by Nuclear from Ten Broken Codes (BY-ND)
- (11:17) Hayat Al Khlood by Al-Namrood from Ten Years of Resistance (BY-NC-ND)
- (18:01) Ethanol Nebula by Galaktik Cancer Squad from Ghost Light (BY-ND)
- (25:54) The Observer by Hatalom from Of Sorrow And Human Dust (BY)
- (29:22) La Santa Muerte by CABESTRO from ¿Crónica de Sucesos? (BY-NC-ND)
- (32:22) Witnesses of J by Woodscream from Octastorium (BY-NC-ND)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, or head to the shows. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Metalcast #180 (MP3)
Open Metalcast #180 (OGG)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.